A little bit about the history
It all started with a "beetle"
On May 6, 1966, the limited partnership company "Porsche Konstruktionen" laid the cornerstone in terms of the formation of a new type of financing in Austria. The company was the first to start selling cars through leasing. The "legendary Beetle" brought them success in the first place.
- On March 9, 1966, the "Kloker" automobile company received the first car bought on leasing.
- In 1974, the leasing department of the limited partnership "Porsche Konstruktionen" became the independent limited liability company " Allgemeine Leasing Zentrale ".
- In 1979, the company's share capital increased to 7.27 million euros. They began to open departments in regional centres.
- In January 1981, the insurance company "ALTS Versicherung AG " was established, offering customers more automobile-related services. insurance company "ALTS Ferziherunh AG" was established. More services related to cars are offered to the customer.
- In 1986, the company " Allgemeine Leasing Zentrale " first started to offer auto financing in the form of credit loans.
- On May 4, 1987, the "Porsche Bank" corporation was established. At the same time, "ALTS Ferziherunh AG" was renamed to "Porsche AG Versicherung ".
- On April 1, 1997, the LLC "Arac Autovermietung " (rental cars) became a subsidiary of "Porsche Bank AG".
- From January 1, 2003, LLC "Arac Autovermietung " received a license to lease out "Eurocar" vehicles.
"Porsche Bank" has been the market leader in Austria over the last forty years. In all, 97,000 financial agreements have been signed, as well as 28,000 maintenance agreements.